There has been a great deal of uncertainty in the education sector, which has been particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this first Learn from the Masters webinar, Dr. Jaco Deacon discusses the Impact of COVID-19 and the future of education in South Africa. He imparts insightful perspectives and practical solutions to overcoming the many challenges affecting this sector today:
- The right to education
- One size fits all challenge: The Legal Framework does not cater to the specific needs of the various school communities
- School governing bodies’ roles
- Crucial factors in getting schools fit for purpose
- The value-driven school system
- Quintile system is outdated
- The role of the courts in shaping the schooling system
- COVID-19 and the current schooling situation
- The future of education in South Africa
- The McKenzie report: 3 steps towards a world-class education system
About Dr. Jaco Deacon
Jaco is a seasoned education law specialist, author of numerous titles on schools law and governance, and is the Deputy CEO of the Federation of School Governing Bodies.